Atlantic Strategy Task Force
The Atlantic Strategy
The Atlantic Strategy work group was created in 2010 at the initiative of the Region chairing the Atlantic Arc Commission at that time, namely the Basse-Normandie Region. Cantabria has been chairing it since 2012, when it took over the Presidency of the Atlantic Arc Commission. This working group is coordinated by the Executive Secretariat together with the Region chairing the Atlantic Arc Commission. It was originally set up to call for the creation of a macro-regional strategy for the Atlantic, as it was done for the Baltic Sea in 2009. The European Commission finally decided to set up a Sea Basin Strategy for the Atlantic in 2011.
The main aim of the working group is now to follow-up the implementation of the Atlantic Strategy.
- Share information on the instruments used to implement the Strategy;
- Study how to align funds;
- Pressure the European Commission with qualitative feedback;
- Monitor the real implementation of the Strategy in the territories;
- Prepare a review of the Action Plan (2016-2017);
- Give more visibility to the Atlantic Strategy;
- Stay aware of the intentions of other Regions, and the focuses of their Operational Programmes;
- Lobby usefully and efficiently the new members of the European Parliament and the new Commissioners.
By the Region chairing the Atlantic Arc Commission.